Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to school

Another year, another year. I love school so much, I love going to classes, I love being productive, I love my job on-campus and off. I love the fact I'm getting married in 12 days. So I'm supposed to keep a daily gratitude journal for my women's health class, and while I probably won't blog about what I'm grateful for every day, here's the first entry.

I am grateful for:
-All the food my mom bought us
-Our tiny studio apartment
-The deliciously soft bedsheets we bought
-My job at the women's shelter and what these women teach me everyday
-Reunions with wonderful friends
-Temples and the opportunity to be sealed
-Oh, and Tim, he rocks.


NOTE: I am NOT grateful for oral contraceptives (sorry Margaret Sanger, but they wreak havoc on a woman's body). How does natural family planning sound to everyone out there? We'll let you know how that works out for us... :)

Being back in school is great. However, I've lost my concentration and ability to focus in most classes, probably due to my impending nuptials. I'm sure once we get back from the honeymoon, we'll get in a nice groove. Right now, being engaged just feels so unnatural. I just know I am supposed to marry Tim, and any time spent not married just seems superfluous. I love planning our future together. And we plan on being very, very happy.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Caitlin I love and envy the way you write and I think your family plan sounds great :). Congrats!!!

TheMoncurs said...

Natural family planning = honeymoon baby. But..maybe you're ok with that :)

You guys are so precious, by the way. I lurve it

Elisse Newey said...

YEAH! sorry I've been such a spaz laately....i think it's the post nuptials.... ;)
I wish you the best in the upcoming weeks!!!!

Becca said...

Engagement sucks.

Looks like we'll have a little Browning-Carroll running around in no time! Or is your name going first? :)

Umm...we're planning you a sweet bridal shower, fyi.

The Stells! said...

lol birth control sucks! lol natural family planing i am ok with that then you will have a baby :) lol i say go for the condoms :) they dont make you crazy....so you have to tell me are you going to take his last name use both what....i got to know :)

Lauren said...

I agree with Kayla. Try that natural planning, and you'll be pregnant in no time. Use condoms for a year. Trust me, kids are fun, but being just the two of you is more fun.

However, I would take the emotional roller coaster of pregnancy and parenthood before the emotional train wreck of the pill anyday.

Also, haven't you been on the pill before? Did it screw you up? There are women out there that can take it without trauma. And I thought you were doing the NuvaRing, anyway.