Monday, August 25, 2008

Nauvoo

On the way to South Carolina (yes, we were crazy enough to drive!) we stopped in Nauvoo and saw the sites. I hadn't been there in years, so it was neat to go through all of the little shops and houses again. We even went to the original Browning Arms shop, home of Tim's great-something grandfather! He got to sign the descendant book. I felt important.




I love this one! It was a statue, and the name of it was "Courtship for Eternity". I think that is so appropriate... and it sounds simply blissful.



On the banks of the Mississippi... Tim tried to teach me how to skip rocks, but I failed miserably!

We also had an opportunity to do baptisms in the Nauvoo temple. It was so cool to have Tim baptize me... I LOVE going to the temple with him. I think we will do it all the time!

No comments: