Friday, February 16, 2007

Chinese new year!

So, tonight Chris took me to his family's house for a Chinese new year celebration, complete with phrase lessons and a giant dragon head. It was probably fabulously close to one of my dreams of celebrating new year actually in Beijing, probably a tad more low key. But overall, it was really fun... I love different cultures, not only their everyday way of living but also their methods of celebration. I must say, the Chinese DO know how to cook... YUM! :)

Also, my friend from work Rachael got her mission call: freakin' Mongolia! We are all so excited for her at work, and in celebration (again, culture way to manifest happiness at an event...) we are having a Mongolian party on Tuesday. She really is a doll, and I know she'll make a really great missionary.

In OTHER news, I'm going to Moab in the morning!! I'm hoping there will be a little temperature increase as we head south.... pray for it.

No comments: