Monday, February 19, 2007

the K-K-Cai does Moab!

So, this President's Day weekend, my two friends from the dorms (Kat and Kinley) came and picked me up Saturday morning and we hit up southern Utah for the weekend... after a 6-hour driving getting there (and of course, getting lost since it should only take about 3...), we arrived at our lovely $40-a night hotel room at the Day's Inn. We then grabbed some dinner at a little family restaurant called Eddie McStiff's where I tried my first buffalo in the form of a burger. It was.... tasty?? Actually, I ate more of Kat's chicken fingers because the burger was a little red and I was a little skeptical. But then we went back to the hotel room and watched GG all night since Moab apparently does not have much of a nightlife. The next morning we went to a random church building, happened to be on time for 9-o'clock sacrament meeting and then went hiking down Negro Bill's canyon. It was a pretty intense hike, especially the part where I fell off a rock into the river (and I use the term river loosely... it was more of a flowing creek). Then we went back to the hotel room and got all cleaned up and went to a gorgeous little place to eat called the Sorrell River Ranch, courtesy of Kat's mom. I got filet mignon and a roasted tomato salad, and for dessert some Kahlua chocolate cake... it was probably one of the best meals of my life. This morning we went and saw the Archlands National Park, took some cool pictures, and then drove home. Now I'm getting ready for FHE tonight (we're doing a hand-tied together dinner thing with spaghetti, it should be really fun!) and trying to catch up on some homework from the weekend! But I must say, the random spontaneous roadtrip was definitely worth it!!

No comments: