Thursday, December 13, 2007

Delicious soup



I made some pretty delicious soup last week and just thought I would share.
The flavor was incredible. I also added extra diced tomatoes because I love 'em.

LENTIL AND FIVE VEGETABLE STEW
(Serves 4)

A fat-free stew loaded with flavor.

1 large leek stalk, finely chopped
1 large carrot, shredded
2 cups water
1-1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup yellow corn kernels
1/2 cup broccoli
florets, lightly steamed
1 cup pre-cooked lentils
1 Tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

In a stew pot, boil well-cleaned chopped leek and shredded carrot in water until tender. Drain well and add remaining ingredients. Cook until well heated.
You may want to add a bit of pre-cooked brown rice or your favorite herb seasoning.

Total Calories Per Serving: 168
Fat: 1 gram

FROM: vrg.org

3 comments:

ae said...

ohmy GOSH i want some of that. because it looks delicious but mostly because its 168 calories.

Anonymous said...

That looks incredibly yummy! Any idea on the fiber count?

Anonymous said...

I made it using the 1 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes ...could that amount be correct? It was way too HOT to eat. The red pepper was overpowering. I ended up throwing out the whole batch! I am going to try it again with just a pinch of red pepper flakes or with none at all.