Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So over the wedding posts...

So it's been a month. A month! I've been married a month. I can't get over how foreign that concept is to me. When I look back and think that just about four months ago I barely knew Tim it just blows my mind how everything has fallen into place so wonderfully. He is my best friend! He is so easy to talk to and we have so much fun together. He's hilarious. I love our pillow talk at night before we collapse into each other's arms exhausted. He makes me smile on a regular basis. I am happy.

But, the wedding is over. It was wonderful. I will no longer post about it :)

I also really want to make my blog cool. I don't know how. Will someone teach me? Are there websites with templates? Please assist my uncreative soul.

Speaking of uncreative, I hate referring to myself as that. I am not artistically gifted in most ways. But I am a creator. I went through a program last year called "The Artist's Way" with some friends of mine. Although I did not follow it as faithfully as I could have, it opened up my eyes to many areas of my life that are long neglected. While I do not have the capacity or the patience to create works of art on a canvas, I write. I love to write. I write amazing 15-page political science research papers. Maybe that does not seem like art to most, but at the end, when I read that finished product, I know I have accomplished something worthwhile. It is discouraging to have talents that are not quite as visible as "L"'s paintings or Ash Mae's creativity or John's violin-playing because they are oft forgotten by even myself, but I know that my creative talents are manifest in different ways. For example, I have an amazing photographic memory. I can remember phone numbers after dialing them once. I remember birthdays of long-lost friends. I read something once and it sticks with me forever. It is a very neat talent of mine. I like myself. I am creative. I just do not know how to make a cute blog.

2 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Well, there's always my way (clean lines and a cute customized header) or you can always head to one of these places for templates:

http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/
http://www.suckmylolly.com/http://onecuteblog.blogspot.com/
http://blogspottemplates.blogspot.com/
http://www.pyzam.com/

Anonymous said...

I think it is always a good thing to know of your random talents..I feel like I am randomly talented as well. Thanks for the nod with the paintings though. I really should work on my stuff more often...

The blog is often hard for me as well, because I hate mine to look cutesy (99% of the free templates out there). I just keep googling till I find something...then I usually have to tweak it with a little bit of HTML (stuff I also google :)