Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I love being a naked hippie

On Friday night, we spontaneously decided to embark on a journey to the Hot Springs. Besides getting lost and driving 40 miles out of the way (seems to be a theme with me and hot springs...), we make it to the trail. One gorgeous hike through the canyon later, we arrive at our sanctuary. If you've never experienced a Utah hot springs, you are truly missing out on one of the most raw and sensual moments in this life. Nothing can surpass the feeling when there is no vehicle/home/anything for miles, and you are lying naked in hot, sulphur-y water under an immense night sky with billions of stars and the visible Milky Way, next to a rushing mountain stream. As we walked back down the trail at dawn with the sun lighting up the dark night all around us, the contentedness and peace was palpable.

Then I had to come back to Provo. Gross.

Side note: My best friend Austin was also at the hot springs that morning. Her group had camped out the night before. When she asked why they didn't go to the hot springs at night, they replied, "we don't want to be there with all the naked hippies". That is my new favorite label.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahaha I literally laughed out loud. People are so scared of the body God gave them. I embrace that you are a naked hippie and I fully support skinny dipping at any age. I went for the first time at the tender age of 9...every time I go into a natural body of water, it just feels right to be natural myself, don't you agree?

Lauren said...

You are totally a naked hippie.

We were at the downtown mall today and there was this couple jamming, he was playing guitar and she the bongos, and they had their two kids hanging out with them. It made me think of you. Actually, she reminded me a lot of Courtney Lunt. I would totally hang out with people like that.