Monday, November 19, 2007

The Master Cleanse

After Thanksgiving, Cecilia are going on the master cleanse detox diet. For ten days, we will eat nothing and drink only a concoction of maple syrup, cayenne pepper and lemon juice, laxative tea at night and a salt-water flush every morning. Apparently, the diet serves to rid your body of toxins and remove excess waste that has built up in the intestines. Then for the next ten days after the diet has ended you gradually introduce food to your body like vegetable broths, raw vegetables and fruits, and eventually you add in your carbs. It is supposed to not be used as a weight-loss regimen but to begin a cycle of healthy-eating. Although I eat pretty healthy right now, I can't seem to get rid of this gut I built up in South Africa and I think this may help me get rid of it. And Ce and I are going to walk at night after work and maybe I'll get up and do some yoga before class. I have got to do something to get rid of this weight I have gained because it's annoying me! The cleanse is also supposed to aid in reducing the cravings for fatty, carby food, which I could use.

3 comments:

Becca said...

that sounds terrifying! but tempting.

Lauren said...

Sounds disgusting but makes sense. Let me know how it goes.

Josh Titus said...

Did you make it the 10 days? It sounds gross and something that morgan might drink as an attention-grabbing shocker. And if you did pull it off, how were the results?