Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Last week's break was absolutely glorious. Work was canceled Wednesday and Thursday, so Wed. morning I headed up to Salt Lake. First on the agenda was going to Austin's class at an elementary school in South Jordan and talking to her class about South Africa. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I did not get to do my little presentation but I'm looking forward to another visit in the near future. After that, Austin was off to see her family in Washington and so I headed to downtown Salt Lake. I hung out at Temple Square for a bit in the Visitor's Center, visited Aunt Linda at her office, went back to Temple Square and watched the Joseph Smith movie. After another few hours at the Visitor's Center (I pretended to be not a member but really interested to make the missionaries happy... it was worth it), I drove to the airport and picked Christopher up. We headed up to Kaysville to spend Thanksgiving with Christopher's large and loud extended family. This was my second famed Anderson family Thanksgiving and it was great! We played games all day and night and there was always something going on and someone to play with. After two years of not playing Rook, I picked it back up and Christopher and I dominated, our favorite moment being when we beat his dad and uncle in our last hand which was a perfect 300 hand. It was a beautiful and proud moment for me (and for him also, I'm sure). After one more game in the tournament, I had to hurry back to Provo to work in the afternoon on Friday.... and that's when it began. I got so sick on Friday night and into Saturday morning and it was bizarre. It was a little like my numerous African stomach illnesses I had this summer but man, it was miserable. Not to mention I had to crawl off the ground and answer the phone between puking into the trash can beside me. YUCK. Then I had to go home at 1 am to an empty apartment because all my roommates were gone! Luckily I just fell asleep after about an hour and then by the next morning I was feeling better if still not 100%. And I haven't eaten much since then.... maybe this is a good start to my detox diet?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Christopher told me there was a virus going around his family. Maybe you caught that. Bummer, hope you are feeling better.

Acepaad said...

It was a pleasure kicking butt with you last weekend. I am looking forward to playing some more over Christmas. I hope you are feeling better. Most of the family that got sick was only down for a day, but it was a violently ill day. :(