Friday, March 28, 2008

Highlights


On Easter Sunday, after church I arrived home to find a lovely Easter basket on my doorstep. I racked my brain, not entirely sure who would be so thoughtful, considering it contained fruit and tofu rather than Peeps. I called my mom and asked her if she had instructed Devin to make me an Easter basket, she said no, and doubted he would have been that thoughtful. Well, come to find out it was him. Thanks bro :)

Also, today was Project Youth. It's a really cool service project I found out about after Charity Ball last weekend where 1200 middle-schoolers come and hang out at BYU campus, watch cool presentations, and tour campus. The idea is to get them excited about going to college, since many of them come from backgrounds not very conducive to going to college. The presentations were fantastic, first we went to one by a chemistry professor who got the kids really excited about learning. He blew stuff up and compared it to gaining knowledge, and said it wasn't magic because they could learn why it happened... he was great. Then, we went to David's presentation where he got the kids really excited about international study and understanding other cultures. He showed his documentary on Namibia, which was absolutely incredible. I would love to go to Namibia, the movie made me so jealous! I love how BYU has so many unique opportunities for its students. I count my blessings every day that I am here and hope to continue to maximize the opportunities I have been given for learning.

No comments: