Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hunger Banquet

Fabulous. Two of the best nights of my life thusfar!

We ended up completely selling out both nights, plus some. It was so crowded and fabulous. Friday night, I was assigned as the official baby-sitter for Sister Hudson. Her kids are so much fun. She brought her four boys and two little twin girls, and it was fun to see their family interact. Her presentation was amazing as usual, and it was funny to watch her pre-teen sons so concentrated on what their mom was talking about. And considering it was the effect of gender on world peace, that's saying something.

On Saturday night, I got to play the tourist! It was so fun. Basically, what I did was walk around and act super annoying like an arrogant American tourist. Me and my friend Mo did it, walking around asking to take pictures with the poor people. We also asked where we could buy TAPESTRIES. We bought Taco Bell burritos and carried them around smacking on them. I even traded some handicrafts the low-income sitters made out of crumpled newspaper for bites of my burrito.

I think the Che shirt was the best touch. That was Tristan's idea....

Here's some more pictures:










No comments: