Saturday, July 12, 2008

The proposal

So remember the time I forgot to blog about the most important moment in my life??

Ok. It was a tad anti-climatic.

I'll try to make it sound cool.

Tim really does rock. He really did try.


So after the ring was boughten, Tim was eager to propose in a slightly wacky and spontaneous way. I was eager to accept. Ok, maybe I just really wanted to wear my ring....

After about a week of anxiety (I checked his pockets for the ring everywhere we went), Tim finally decided it was the day. He paid the snowcone kid 5 bucks to slip the ring into my snowcone on the way home from school...

I, however, had other ideas that included not meeting Tim to walk home because I was enjoying an illegal dip in the Lib Square pool. Plan foiled.

All night, Tim insisted on a snowcone. I kept rejecting him because they are kind of expensive, we were apartment shopping, and we had ice cream at home, of course.

During FHE, Tim slipped away from the sidewalk chalking and came back a few moments later... hmmm...

After apartment shopping (we didn't get the studio we so desperately wanted either, so it was a wasted night!) we went on-campus to look up a number and surfed the internet for a bit. Tim was acting all weird and quiet and I seriously had no idea what was up but I insisted on him telling me. He finally said (very exasperatedly) that he was going to propose but I had ruined it. I took pity on his poor soul and said, well just do it then! We sat on his bench (the car seat from his fan that has been reupholstered into a lovely little porch sofa), he got down on one knee, opened the ring box and....... DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! It wasn't there. He started digging through his pockets and was like crap, crap, where's the ring?? We had been at Smith's earlier and I was all scared it had fallen out and I was like seriously Tim? We need to go to Smith's and he thought about going along with it but then he got all cute and smiley and he's the least deceitful person I've ever met and so he was all like "let's eat ice cream now" and I'm all thinking, yeah. right. So we sit down and he starts to dig in. I know something's up at this point because he's being all cute and happy with the ice cream. So he digs the ring out of the ice cream (and now every anniversary we will eat Breyer's chocolate ice cream... good thing it wasn't Super Banana Chunky Oreo or some other faddish ice cream that will go out of style next year) and then REALLY gets down on one knee and says every cheesy line in the book ("You complete me" "Make me the happiest man alive" "I can't live without you" and of course "Will you marry me?") and then I say "Ummm... nah." But he knows I'm kidding so then I say "Alright, I guess so" but he still won't give me the ring so I finally break down and answer it all generic-like with simply a yes.


And that is how I officially became the fiance of the greatest guy that has ever trotted into my life.

No comments: