Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hunger Banquet nightmare

So, last night, our dear friend Thelma came into town from D.C. where she is saving Burma from certain destruction. In light of this, we had a giant sleepover on the hideaway bed in the "flat's" basement. Creepy creepy basement. I woke with a start in the middle of the night because I had a terrible nightmare about HB. I walked in, wearing my old ratty green sweatpants and a t-shirt. I look around the Wilk and there is not a single decoration to be seen. Moreover, Mary runs up to me freaking out because it started 10 minutes ago and I never decorated. I look on the floor and there are no blankets like I was supposed to acquire, but those portable little seats parents use at their kid's Varsity football game because they can't take the bleachers. I was terrified. I run in the bathroom and try to throw myself together, I grab this bag out of the trashcan and it has some Indian sari in it so I put that on. Then I walk back out and Mary is talking to some Aborgines in Aborginal language because they are going to dance for us. Then I look out and there are less than 10 people in the audience. Then I wake up. And then I make delicious muffins for everyone.

I feel as if I need to get workin' on my projects for HB. I cannot believe I only have three weeks left. Eeeeeek.

1 comment:

Rica said...

That is so awesome that you're working on the HB. My cousin helped start many moons ago.