Friday, February 8, 2008

Lent

Every year, I try to give something up for Lent. In the hustle of this week and severe lack of sleep, I have overlooked that Lent started on Wednesday. Ever since I found out, I've been trying to think about what to give up... plastic utensils? refined sugars? TV?

and I finally came to a conclusion. FACEBOOK. So, don't expect to see me on there anymore. Per tradition, I will still be able to check on Sundays, which does not count according to early Christian tradition.

I like Lent. I'm not as aspiring Catholic by any means, but I think it's a time of personal self-reflection to decide what harmful practices in your life you could give up. Last year, I gave up Diet Coke. Haven't drank it since. Before that, I gave up ice cream... though I didn't follow that one through.

Ok, I just have to throw this one out there. There's three guys sitting at the table next to me in the Wilk, discussing prostate exams. Graphically. About how they hope that by the time they are 40 there will be a better way to do it. I want to say: do you know what they do during OUR exams? We get a speculum shoved up our vaginas. Not to mention childbirth... geez. Poor men.

Ok, back to work.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Good for you. Lent is a good practice. Facebook is addictive. And that prostate exam observation was hilarious. Guys are such wimps.

The Stells! said...

ha ha you make me laugh men just dont understand and wow i dont think they ever will i say we make them push something as big as a kid out and see what they think!!! gosh sometimes i was ready to kill my husband beacuse he just did not get it he was like ahh its no big deal hes a doctor and i was like he shoved his fingers in up to his wrist THATS SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!! lol keep me laughing :)