Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-Day

Ok, not Vagina Day. That's in March, right? Nope, I'm talking about the Valentine's Day thing. You know, the flowers, kisses, nasty little sugary hearts. I hate this holiday... however, I have not always been so cynical and bitter. Let me just recap the past few years.

February 14, 2008: Too bad it didn't work out with red-headed-French-speaking-Jew. Went to a celebration of love at my friend Lia's house for a few hours, then was scheduled to work from 9-1am. And this is where I sit, counting down the hours until this barf-invoking day is over.

February 14, 2007: Chris Gong. Cheesy love fest. I was forced to wear pink while he allowed himself to dress in black. He bought an animal heart at the grocery store, put it in a box of chocolates, and gave it to one of his vegan friends Ashley. It was pretty disgusting, but I was a sort-of collaborator, so that was pretty good. I ended up feeling awkward at Cheesy love fest so I walked back to the boys' house and fell asleep on the love sac.

February 14, 2006: Ate heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, my favorite meal of the day. Was given a venus flytrap by Craig Walton. Went bowling, accompanied by his roommate Ryan and my roommate Amanda. Good night, though this fling didn't last but a few weeks.

February 14, 2005: Bummed all day because I missed the love of my life.... oh the days of Rob Shuler. However, come 5 o'clock a package arrived from 1-800-flowers to my doorstep. A dozen red roses in a crystal vase. Man that boy had money. I liked it back then though.... however, I ended our year and half long relationship a week later for no reason whatsoever. Strange things we do.

February 14, 2004: Young love. After "Coming Home" where Rob was crowned King (of course), we went to the George Strait concert which was amazing. We then got sweetheart shakes from Sonic and hormonally ravaged each other in his car in the little stall. Haha. Oh to be 17 again.

February 14, 2003: If I recall correctly, this was a Valentine's Day party at Abby Thames's house and I ended up making out with Ryan Chesley, a much older and very attractive guy that was a senior at RNE. Hm.

Ok. So maybe I don't have the greatest track record ever...

No comments: