Monday, February 4, 2008

I blog in lieu of writing papers

Yes, that's right. I have a 6-page paper due tomorrow on the effect of literacy in women's lives in developing nations.... I've written 3 of those 6 (and not very well, might I add) and still cannot seem to focus. It is probably events as of late that are distracting me...

Pretty much, I am great. Right here. In this place in my life. I do not think there is more to life than being a Poli Sci major/Intl Development minor at BYU, vegan, chairperson of the Mood Commitee for Hunger Banquet, living in a dumpy apartment south of Campus, subjecting yourself to the torture and pure joy that is being a WomanStats coder, with a French-speaking-Jewish-redheaded-sort-of-boyfriend and a free 100 on your first New Testament exam. I like not knowing. I dread certainty. The future awaits me. Mission? Marriage? Children? Real job? Grad school? Law school? DC Seminar? Next WEEK? No thanks, keep it to yourself, future.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so happy you're happy! Your kind-of-boyfriend is so great.

Lauren said...

How can you dread certainty? Ugh! I like my life to be meticulously planned, thank you.